Table of content
Do you know that your Siberian Husky can have a unique name that is much better than typical dog names you come across every day? There are a plethora of remarkable Husky names out there, but you won’t find them if you don’t know or have any idea where to start.
Before we go further on the some Unique Siberian Husky Names, let’s take a brief look at some facts about the Siberian Husky. Historically, Siberian Husky is known for his playful demeanor, fluffy coats, and striking blue eyes, though a few have almond-shaped eyes. They were developed initially in Siberia – a vast region in eastern Russia – by the Chukchi people who bred them as working dogs.
The dog breed, however, was brought to Alaska and was used as sled dogs – and for herding reindeer – since they had been trained to transport cargo behind them, thanks to their endurance and strength.
Characteristics of Siberian Husky
Siberian Huskies possess thick, double coats that enable them to survive harsh winters. They don’t bark like other dogs, but howl. They love to stay in germ-free areas and do not like to be left on their own.
Recommended Names for your Siberian Husky
If you own a Siberian Husky and do not know the name to give your new furry friend, you’re in the right place. The names suggested in this article are classified according to the gender of your furry companion. So if your Siberian Husky is a male or a female, any of these recommended names can be selected.
Male Siberian Husky Names
Male Siberian Huskies are somewhat easier to name than their female counterparts. You can draw ideas or inspiration for names from the cold, northern climate where Siberian Huskies originate from.
Here are some names that are suitable for Male Siberian Huskies and their meanings:
- Walter – Mighty warrior
- Siberia – An obvious choice
- Adonis – Youth
- Loki – Mischievous
- Jet – Symbolizes speed
- Snowy – Another obvious name
- Winter – A logical name for a Siberian husky
- Tundra – An impressive name that accurately describes the terrain in northern Alaska
- Alpine – Relating to a mountainous or hilly topography
Siberian Huskies are also known as sled dogs; therefore, here are some names that have also been inspired by sled dog racing:
- Blitzen – One of Santa’s reindeer bears this name
- Racer – This is quite evident
- Comet – fast (Named after another renowned reindeer)
- Dasher – Another name that was owned by a famous reindeer
- Polar – Relating to a polar bear or the polar ice caps
Female Siberian Husky Names
The following names are recommended for female Siberian Huskies:
- Glace or Glacier – relates to the land in Alaska
- Juneau or Juno – The capital city and port of the state of Alaska. It is assumed to be the name of a Roman Goddess, too.
- Aurora – Named after the Northern Lights or aurora borealis which can be seen in Alaska
- Mana – authority or power
- Midna – derived from “midnight.”
- Nadia – i.e., Hope
- Raven – fast and black
- Keiko – blessed one
- Saphira – i.e., eyes that resemble sapphire
- Agni – god of fire in Hindu mythology
In addition to having an appropriate name, Siberian Huskies need a lot of exercises, food, and care. You must bear these essential facts in mind when searching for the best Siberian Husky for your family.