Facts about Pit Bulls
- Did you know… Pit Bulls were originally bred in England in the 1860s to be used as herding dogs
- 5% of all dogs registered in the US are Pit Bulls, but 20% of dogs in shelters are pit bulls 🙁
- According to the American Temperament Test Society Inc, Pit Bulls pass their test 87% of the time. That ranks them as 4th best of 122 breeds tested!
- You are 240 times more likely to die in a texting-while-driving accident than from a Pit Bull attack.
- You are 18 times more likely to die falling out of bed than from a Pit Bull Attack.
- You are 16 times more likely to die from being hit by a falling coconut than from a Pit Bull attack.
- In the early 20th century Pit Bulls were known as “nanny dogs” or “nursemaids” because they were so trusted around children.